Current Positions Available
Full-Time Senior MSR - Redding
Provides excellent service to all our members. Provides support to the MSR staff and performs a variety of branch operations and duties. Performs transactions and side duties in an accurate and timely manner. Takes an active role in cross training in the branch and participating in weekly staff meetings. Actively promotes and provides credit union products and services to our members. Will be assigned to work on projects within the branch and/or in support of other departments within the credit union when needed.
Salary Range: $18.50 to $23.50 hrly. Actual wage offer to candidate may depend on education, experience, etc.
- Provides excellent member service to members in the branch, through email, chat and calling on the phone.
- Provide overrides, approving transactions, sign off on cashier’s checks.
- Supports operations staff by performing a variety of duties in person or over the phone including but not limited to: opening accounts, opening specialized accounts, card blocking/ordering, check ordering, Vantiv maintenance, wire requests, Live Chat, cash orders, account reassignments, etc.
- Progressive knowledge with credit union products and services to members including but not limited to: accounts offered, cards, card transactions, online banking, e-statements, audio response, direct deposit, ACHs, account history, account audits, Bill Pay, etc.
- Must look for opportunities to refer products and services to each member, as fits their needs.
- Proficient with IRA accounts, certificates and account maintenance.
- Must know and implement all financial institution policies and regulations: such as BSA, OFAC, Reg CC, Reg DD, Reg E, Reg P, etc.
- Opens new accounts with minimal errors with proper documentation obtained: IRAs, trusts, business accounts, power of attorney and other specialized accounts.
- Processes cash with accuracy and security measures in place according to policy.
- Complies with office safety, security guidelines and training.
- Apply credit union policies and procedures as assigned.
- Properly identifies members in the branch and over the phone.
- Performs branch operations including but not limited to: cash ordering, night drop, ATM processing and detailing, branch and TCR balancing, check balancing, auditing operation functions, keep branch organized, maintain inventory, filing, scanning and copying.
- Participates in trainings from the credit union library, onsite trainings, cross training to ensure job knowledge is up to date.
- Assist in branch opening and closing.
- Complete quarterly compliance training in all required regulations and policies.
- Support Loan center staff – understands basics of DMV paperwork.
- Learns online account opening and has understanding for the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in banking as well as working with the public and/or in customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in cash handling, branch operations and handling difficult judgment situations is ideal.
- Successful completion of the Senior MSR training class as provided by credit union staff.
- General skills applicable to this position include:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Advanced skills in using computers and related equipment, 10-key calculator, Multi-line telephone/intercom systems, and a variety of general office equipment including copy machines, scanners, and fax equipment.
- Ability to interact tactfully and professionally with credit union staff as well as external contacts. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with various personnel and member information.
- Implement changes in daily tasks to improve efficiency in the credit union.
- Ability to complete projects by following instructions provided by supervisor.
- Accurate ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate averages and percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in group meetings and discussions.
- Ability to give and receive information accurately.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately and to organize facts and figures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personal and member information.
- Focus on enhancing job knowledge with procedures or on-site training.
- Extended sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer throughout the day.
- Ability to read words and numbers in printed form and on computer/monitor.
- Communicate by telephone for up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Can hear sufficiently to clearly hear voices in person and on the telephone.
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Standing for up to 15 minutes at a time while operating office equipment.
- Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard daily.
Don’t see an available position to fit your talent? Upload your resume below, and if a position becomes available that fits your talent we may contact you. Your resume will be kept on file for a period of 60 days. In the meantime, check back periodically for open positions that are of interest to you and complete the application at that time.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k deferred compensation plan (with an employer match)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- PTO leave (Paid Time Off)
- Holidays (10 recognized holidays annually)
- Long term disability coverage
- Clothing allowance
- Employee loan discount
- Turtle Bay Exploration Park membership discount
- Costco membership
- Theme park discounts
- Cellular network discount
Some benefits subject to full-time and/or manager positions.
- Voted Best of the North State, 2016-2022
- Top 200 Healthiest Credit Unions (Deposit Accounts), 2015-2016
- Five Star Rated (Bauer Financial), 2015
- Best Place to Work in Shasta County, 2012
- Best of the North State Nominee, 2012-2015
- Best of Chico Top 3, 2021-2022
Members 1st Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity, gender preference and gender expression), national origin (includes language use and possession of a driver's license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation (hereinafter referred to as a protected status). The credit union also prohibits harassment, discrimination, abusive or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.
If you are unable to submit your application through our application process, please fill out the fillable pdf version and email to email@example.com. Please click here for application.