Current Positions Available
Assists VP Marketing with design and production of marketing collateral, advertisements, and web graphics. Understands basic principles of marketing, branding, advertising, segmentation, and messaging. Can assist with the production of design, running of reports, and follow branding and writing guidelines. Have exceptional graphic communication skills, strong knowledge of graphic design software, and good oral and written communication skills.
Salary Range: $17.79 - $26.68 DOE. Health, Dental, Vision, Gap & Life/AD&D benefits available. Paid holidays
- Based on creation direction received from supervisor, provide graphical designs and layouts such as:
- Fliers, mailers, brochures, advertisements, signs, and annual reports
- Webpage layouts & graphics, email graphics & layouts, and digital ads
- Sales decks, infographics, case studies, and testimonials
- Other communication materials
- Adhere to internal branding guidelines and content style guide.
- Assist with researching and presenting design assets for layouts and projects.
- Assist with internal and external production of printed marketing materials and promotional items.
- Fulfillment of marketing material orders from branches and sales team.
- Coordinate publishing of web graphics and webpage layouts
- Assist with design and build of emails and landing pages within internal CRM.
- Help set up, participate, and take down marketing events at branches and within the community.
- Assist with running department reports for promotions and tracking marketing performance.
- Assist with review and proofing of marketing materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Help inform staff of upcoming campaigns through email and intranet notices.
- Help support campaign awareness with staff.
- Help create and oversee project tasks in the marketing department’s project management tool.
- Attends occasional early morning “all staff required” trainings and meetings.
- Reports for duty as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Some experience in graphic design, web design, marketing, and digital marketing is a plus.
- Must have strong graphical skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- General skills applicable to this position include:
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact tactfully and professionally with credit union staff as well as members. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information and marketing strategies.
- Strong computer skills consistent with requirements for graphic design and promotion tracking as stated above.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizations skills.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must have excellent grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Must be willing to accept and to follow credit union policies and procedures.
- Problem solving where development of new solutions, methods and systems will result in a major impact on the credit union’s overall success.
- Ability to analyze situations or current practices. Determine changes to improve and make recommendations to superiors. When approved, see projects through to completion.
- Mathematical ability enough to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate averages, and work with percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, by email, in person, and in group meetings and discussions. Ability to give and receive information accurately. Participate in routine meetings and make informative presentations to individuals and to groups.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately and to organize facts and figures.
- May be required to travel to the various branch locations for events or meetings.
- Extended sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer intermittently throughout the day.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Communicate by telephone, by email, and other forms of communication intermittently throughout the day.
- Hearing enough to clearly hear voices in person and on the telephone.
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Daily standing intermittently while operating office equipment such as a FAX, printer, or photocopier.
- Write using a pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for extended periods daily.
- Occasionally requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Examples – coin bags, boxes of copier paper, etc.
Don’t see an available position to fit your talent? Upload your resume below, and if a position becomes available that fits your talent we may contact you. Your resume will be kept on file for a period of 60 days. In the meantime, check back periodically for open positions that are of interest to you and complete the application at that time.
If you are unable to submit your application through our application process, please fill out the fillable pdf version and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click here for application.
About The Company
Members 1st Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution serving Northern California with financial services since 1936. Member service is paramount to the success of our credit union. If you're an ambitious and spirited individual who is passionate about improving the lives of others and their community, you've come to the right place.
Members 1st Credit Union provides the convenient and relevant financial services our members need to achieve their goals and dreams.
- Members Come First
Our members are our first priority.
- We Change Lives
Our passion is to help our members achieve their financial goals and dreams.
- Service = Success
Our financial services are essential to the success of our members and community.
To be recognized by our members as the leading financial institution providing relevant value to past, present, and future generations in Northern California.
Members 1st Culture
At Members 1st Credit Union, we foster an environment of teamwork, innovation, empowerment, pride, knowledge, and enthusiasm as they define our company spirit. We are uniquely driven by a passion for people and our promise of exceptional service to our members and each other. Who we are as individuals makes us stronger together.
I am proud and happy to be an employee of Members 1st Credit Union. I have worked here for 11 years and the time has flown by because there is always plenty to do and learn as the work we do is continually growing and changing. The quality of the employees here is exceptional as everyone truly works together as a team, and management is ethical and supportive and keeps communication open. The community spirit is alive and well here and shows both inside and outside the workplace.
I’m so grateful to work at an organization that’s focused on employee well-being, career development and delivering the best service to our members
Not only does Members 1st prioritize employee well-being and work-life balance, but they also provide ample support and flexibility to ensure that we can thrive both personally and professionally. From full benefit options to generous time-off policies, I've always felt empowered to prioritize my health and family without sacrificing my career goals. Being a part of such a supportive and flexible work environment has truly made me feel valued and appreciated.
Working for Members 1st has been an incredible experience. I’ve been fortunate enough to explore many avenues within the credit union, which would not have been possible without Members 1st immense support, flexibility, and encouragement to explore new job opportunities. Throughout my time at the credit union, it’s proved to be a wonderful career choice where I feel valued as an individual, accompanied by motivation to maintain a healthy work-life balance. I am proud to be a part of a team that not only supports me but my community.
Being a part of the Members 1st team has been an incredible professional experience. The support and camaraderie from my colleagues and superiors have allowed me to grow beyond my own expectations and contribute in ways that complement my natural skills and talent. It is a privilege to work for a company that values professional development and employee fulfillment.
I have been with Members 1st for over a year now, and it has been an incredibly positive and encouraging experience. I have grown professionally in ways that will help me better myself going forward, not only in my career but in life as well. The Members 1st Family have made me feel welcome during my tenure here and have accommodated me in a variety of ways. I hope to continue to improve and grow in my position here, and I am confident that Members 1st will make available the necessary tools and resources for myself and others to thrive.
I have been with Members 1st for over ten years now, and I can confidently say that I have been supported and trusted from day one. This has allowed me to grow professionally and contribute meaningfully to the company’s success. What sets Members 1st apart is its unwavering dedication to employee development and well-being through things like work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, and genuine care for employee's success and happiness.
For over six years, Members 1st Credit Union has felt like a second family. Supportive supervisors, amazing colleagues, and meaningful member relationships make it a truly special place. Here, I not only feel valued and appreciated, but I'm constantly learning and growing, both professionally and personally. Witnessing members' successes, contributing to the community, and expanding my skillset - all while feeling supported - makes coming to work a joy. If you're looking for a workplace that fosters growth, connection, and purpose, Members 1st is a great place to work.
I have been a proud employee of Members 1st Credit Union for the past six and a half years. From day one, I've been welcomed with open arms and made to feel like I belong. Members 1st truly values their employees as individuals and invest in their growth and development, making it a fantastic place to work. They encourage every employee to become the best version of themselves by providing training and leadership guidance. With Members 1st, there are endless opportunities to grow and promote from within. I have always felt my voice was truly heard. I feel so grateful for a company that listens to its employees and makes changes to better the workplace for all.
I’ve been with Members 1st for over 11 years now, and I can confidently say that it’s the best career decision I’ve ever made. At Members 1st, I have found more than just a job, I have found a work family. From day one, I have been supported in my role and I am proud to be a part of such a dedicated team.
I have worked at Member’s 1st for over five years now, and I can confidently state that they are the best employer that I have ever worked for. The leadership genuinely cares about the staff and focuses on the success, development, and well-being of every team member, providing many opportunities for career growth within the company. I highly recommend that if you are interested in a career in financial services, you apply with Members 1st today.
When asked why I have been with the credit union after so many years, the answer is simple. Pride, value, and family. I can wholeheartedly say I am proud of where I work and what I do for a living. Members 1st is authentic. A financial institution that genuinely cares about the well-being of its members, doing everything they can to protect them. They are immersed in the community, supporting many charities and community functions. As an employee, I have a sense of value. The CU is invested in their employee’s career growth as well as understanding the importance of family life. I have been very blessed by being given the opportunity to have a healthy work-life balance. Working at the CU gives me a sense of family. Over the years, I have built many relationships with both my members and co-workers. There have been many times we have laughed and cried together. Members 1st is an incredible place to work.
At Members 1st, we offer detailed career paths for all staff positions. These pathways are designed to help employees advance their career within their department or other departments in the credit union. We provide a clear roadmap that allows employees to progress from an introductory position all the way to an executive position, and we include all the necessary prerequisite trainings and qualifications required for each. Our career pathing program is an excellent opportunity for employees to grow and develop their skills, while also advancing their career within the credit union.
MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
401k RETIREMENT PLAN
401k deferred compensation plan with an employer match up to 4%
FLEXIBLE SPENDING & DEPENDENT CARE ACCOUNTS
Use pre-tax dollars to pay qualified out-of-pocket health care and dependent care expenses
LIFE INSURANCE & LONG-TERM DISABILITY COVERAGE
Minimum $25,000 life insurance policy and long-term disability benefits
Employee clothing allowances to assist staff in attaining successful work apparel
PAID TIME OFF & HOLIDAYS (PTO LEAVE)
Ongoing accrual of paid time off (PTO) leave and 11 recognized Federal holidays
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
Annual employee awards and recognition for service and performance
Discounts on credit union loans, credit cards, Turtle Bay Exploration Park membership, Costco membership, and more
Credit union assistance toward education and training expenses
What makes us the best
Voted Best of the North State
Top 200 Healthiest Credit Unions
(Deposit Accounts), 2015-2016
Five Star Rated (Bauer Financial)
Best Place to Work in Shasta County
Best of the North State Nominee
Best of Chico Top 3
We Love Our Community
GAVE TO THE COMMUNITY
Success in our communities helps all of us, and we strongly support local businesses and community support organizations. In 2023, the Members 1st staff volunteered almost 850 hours and donated nearly $84,000 to 173 different community organizations in Redding, Chico, Red Bluff, Palo Cedro, Paradise, and organizations in Butte and Shasta counties. We focused on things near and dear to our hearts, like financial education, children’s services, families in need, rebuilding after the fires, and supporting small businesses. With persistent inflation, higher borrowing costs, and the increased cost of living, we understand that our members have to spend more to keep up. Offering products like Stash Savings (our small change round-up program), free checking accounts, and our Emergency Savings Accounts (which have a higher annual percentage yield), our focus is centered on finding convenient ways to help you save and achieve financial balance.